Friday, March 11, 2011

FINALLY DID IT

I have been wanting to start a blog for the last two years.  So why haven't I?  To be perfectly honest, I didn't know how and it seemed terribly scary.  The other reason is that if I didn't even attempt it, I couldn't possibly do it wrong.  I did it finally, but I'm not sure if I did it right.  Unfortunately the motivation to finally make the attempt was prompted by February's emotional roller coaster. I had been eagerly contemplating the birth of my new granddaughter, which in itself should be a very happy occasion.  She was stubborn, which I'm sure doesn't run in our family at all, and was finally forced from her warm cozy haven 11 days after the due date. Teagan was born on February 7, 2011 and was 7 lbs 5 oz, 19 1/2  inches long and had dark hair.  Did I mention that my daughters live in Oklahoma?  I can't even count the number of times they call me to brag about how warm it is down there and how I should really move there.   Let me just say that it never fails that each time I visit they are having an unexpected cold spell or a tornado.  This time I managed to hit two major snowstorms of 6 plus inches.  Now in Minnesota, that is not a problem at all, but in Oklahoma it is a major problem when you only have about 10 snowplows for the whole city and its suburbs.  They actually close down the whole city for 2-3 days.   It's absolutely unbelivable.  They did plow the major roads, but then virtually sat back and waited for the snow to melt.  Of course in Minnesota that would take a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment