Monday, January 30, 2012

CINEMA BALLROOM FALL SHOWCASE 2011

My son is a Ballroom Dance teacher and his studio, Cinema Ballroom puts on a Fall Showcase every year at the end of September. The show consists of students showing off what they have learned in Salsa, Cha Cha, Rumba, Tango, Waltz and Swing. I am always impressed with how far the students progress each time, so each time I watch a show I vow to make it to the Beginners class on Wednesday nights. It always sounds like a great plan until Wednesday comes around. Somehow after working all day, when it's finally five o’clock, the sun is setting and while walking to my car I am freezing, going straight home sounds so much better than driving across town to take a dance class. On those rare nights I manage to get over to the studio for the class, I am always glad I made it there. And after the class is over and I have learned beginning steps to two different dances, I know it was definitely worth the effort. I am always proud to watch my son dance. This was not what he set out to do, he sort of happened upon it after college and I guess he fell in love with Ballroom Dancing. After struggling with some health issues this past year, I am finally feeling like I have more energy and I am even more determined to make it to the Cinema Ballroom dance classes on a more regular basis. So once we hit the nice weather of spring, I will be there. It is always nice to have someone accompany you so you don’t have to walk into a class alone. My cousin, Karin, met me at the studio to watch the Fall Showcase and we both enjoyed watching the dancing. Hopefully, I can convince her to join me in the spring to take a class. And of course the dresses the women wear are always beautiful. In fact, one of the reasons I want to learn Ballroom Dancing is so I can wear one of the fabulous dresses. I’ve had Ballroom Dancing on my goal list for a while now; hopefully this will be my year to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment